Terms & Conditions for Custom-made Tutus and Costumes
Terms & Conditions for Custom-made Tutus and Costumes
Quotations—Our quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue unless otherwise noted.
- Quotations do not include carriage/shipping, packaging and travelling costs. These will be estimated initially until goods are ready for dispatch. Then a charge will be given on the final invoice.
- We endeavour to find the most suitable form of shipping and charge the most reasonable price.
- Packaging is extra and we do try and use recycled boxes where possible.
- Travelling expenses will be charged at a minimum rate as set out in the AA guide.
- After that an hourly rate will be charged at my discretion.
- We conduct business in Sterling only.
- We will not be liable for any import tax incurred at your port of entry and/or by Customs where applicable. ( Quotations do not include any of these costs.)
Any DELAYS for returning mock ups or providing measurements or information needed will cause a delay in your garment being delivered on time.
- A quotation becomes an order when the deposit is received.
- Measurement and Tutu Order forms must be completed and the deposit received before work will commence. Once the deposit is received it is understood you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions relevant to custom made goods.
- An estimated completion date will be agreed on. The Customer will be given a weeks notice when an agreed fitting is needed. If this cannot be done within two weeks of notice given and no contact is made within that time frame it will be understood the Completion date given will not be adhered to.
- Other work will take precedence over yours and a new completion date will be agreed upon.
- Deposits are non-refundable on all custom-made goods.
- A second payment will be made part way through the process unless otherwise agreed upon. This will be at my discretion for extra fabrics, labour or expenses occurring.
- Work will stop on the garment until this has been received.
- The final payment must be made on completion of the garment and all monies owing paid before delivery of said garment.
If for any reason the custom made garment is not wanted at any stage throughout the process then any outstanding charges will be invoiced. The garments will still remain the property of Valorose Tutus and Textiles unless paid for in full.
- Goods will only be dispatched after all funds owing have been received and as such they remain Valorose Tutus and Textiles property until delivery of said goods.
- Balance on goods not paid for 60 days after Invoice has been issued, will be deemed unwanted and resold to recoup funds or action taken to recover the outstanding balance.
- Cancellations are to be sent in writing and will only be accepted before any work has commenced.
- DSR’s state that once a service has started then the consumers cancellation rights will end.
- Each circumstance will be viewed on its merits and it is Valorose Tutus and Textiles sole discretion at that time.
- Goods will be presumed unwanted after 60 days of no communication or payment received and the contract will become null and void.
Fittings by mail:—
- For the more complex garments, we will agree with you whether or not fittings by mail will be required.
- We will provide guidance on fittings of Toiles. (Mock ups)
- You will need someone WITH KNOWLEDGE of Garment Fittings to assist you.
- It will be essential to provide photographs (printed or digital) showing the fit.
- The completion date of your garment will be changed on failure to return Toile within 7 days or on the delay of Fittings.
- All mock ups must be returned with Signed for or secure mail.
- If these are not received new ones will need to be made and a new extra deposit required.
- The costs of fittings is not included in the price quotation and you will be asked to pay this in addition to the other costs.
- We do not offer a fittings by mail service to customers outside of the UK.
- Measurements:—For Mail Order Goods
- We will require you to provide detailed and accurate measurements for any close fitting garments. We will provide you with a form to complete and guidance on taking the measurements.
- You will need help to take the measurements. You cannot do it on your own.
- Please take extra care to ensure accuracy as we tailor garments for each customer and we will not accept returns because of incorrect measurements supplied by customers.
- We cannot guarantee a perfect fit of mail order garments. (We urge you to visit us to be measured and for fittings if at all possible.)
- We are also not responsible for changes in body measurements from sudden weight loss or gain, illness etc from the date you were measured to the final garment fitting.
- Extra costs will be incurred for alterations caused by this and the alterations will have to be factored in with other orders at the time.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis, so please be sure that you order the correct item(s) and confirm suitability before ordering.
- Material, style and colour choices are very individual.
- Once an order has been received and accepted it is then deemed to be to your satisfaction and cannot be returned.
- We cannot accept returns on any items made to a customer’s specific personalized size requirements, embellished items or special order garments.
- All other warranties, whether express or implied, by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law
- In the event of any breach of contract, your remedies shall be limited to damages and under no circumstances shall our liability exceed the price of the garment(s) made by us and, if not included in the price, the cost of the materials (excluding delivery charges).
- Such Contract between us shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the United Kingdom and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
- Any cause of action of the Customer with respect to the website or services ordered from Valorose Tutus and Textiles must be instituted within six (6) months after any purchase or be forever waived and barred.
- All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in the Terms and Conditions as provided in this document.
- The language used herein shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party.
- All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in the United Kingdom and the Customer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and the Customer consents to extra-territorial service of process.
- Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- To the extent that anything in or associated with the website or Valorose Tutus and Textiles is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence.
- Failure of Valorose Tutus and Textiles to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
- Nothing in this contract should be deemed to remove any of your statutory rights as a consumer.